Sweetened rice pudding
|Prep Time||45 minutes|
- 200 g basmati rice, soaked in plenty of water for 30 minutes, washed, drained
- 2 l milk
- 5 green cardamoms (choti elaichi), cracked
- 50 g raisins (kishmish), soaked in water for 30 minutes, drained
- 400 g condensed milk
- 60 g almonds (badam), blanched, peeled, sliced
1. Bring the milk to the boil. Add the rice and the green cardamoms. Cook, stirring continuously,
until the milk is fully absorbed and the rice is tender and broken.
2. Add the raisins and condensed milk. Cook, stirring regularly until the consistency is thick, and
the mixture sticks to the ladle, Garnish with almonds. Refrigerate and serve chilled.