Ground rice dessert flavoured with saffron
|Prep Time||45 minutes|
- 600 ml milk
- 3 tbsp rice, ground
- 80 g sugar
- 15 ml vetiver (kewda) essence
- 1 g green cardamom (choti claichi) seeds , ground
- pn saffron (zafrari)
- 2 raisins (kishmish)
1. Mix 4 tbsp milk with the ground rice and make a smooth paste. Keep aside. Bring the rest of the milk to the boil and add the sugar; stirring until the sugar dissolves completely.
2. Remove the pan from the heat and add the ground rice paste. Stir well and return to heat.
Stir constantly until the mixture thickens. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring. Remove the pan from
the heat. Add the vetiver essence and green cardamom powder; mix well.
3. Pour the mixture into individual dessert bowls and garnish with saffron and raisins. Chill